The Whittier parent group was established in March 2007 by a group of parents who wanted to come alongside the Whittier staff in support and to provide enrichment activities for the children. The group joined the national PTA organization in February 2009.
SO, WHAT ARE SOME THINGS THE WHITTIER PTA DOES EACH YEAR?
- Weekly School Store
- Fundraisers for Whittier’s Music Program
- Career Day
- Literacy Night & Math Night
- Pumpkin Patch
- Scholastic Book Fairs
- Holiday Gift Shop
- After School Clubs
- School Yearbook
- Walk for Whittier Fundraiser/Community Event
- Advocacy for Whittier ECE-8 in the community
- Staff Appreciation Week
WHO ARE THE CURRENT PTA BOARD MEMBERS?
- June Scott – President
- Tacora Pitts – 1st Vice President
- OPEN – 2nd Vice President
- Artisha Nellis – 3rd Vice President
- Dionne Brame – Secretary
- Leona Ortega- Treasurer
- Geri Cuevas – Member At Large
- Mary Trapp – Member At Large
- Elizabeth Garcia – Member At Large
- Narvia Varney – Member At Large
- Tovah Keleshian – Staff Representatives
- Gabriel Rodriguez – Community Representative
HOW CAN SOMEONE DONATE TO THE PTA?
Donate Today to help the Whittier PTA continue raising funds that help provide music, PE, classroom supplies, parent involvement, family activities and additional enrichment activities for the students.
WHEN DOES THE PTA MEET & HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU?
Whittier PTA meets the second Tuesday of every month from 5:30-7:00 pm in the Whittier cafeteria. Dinner and childcare are provided.
To contact the PTA, email email@example.com or leave a message at 720-424-3040.