Positive Attitude, Respect, Integrity, Doing Your Best, Excellence
WHAT’S UP AT WHITTIER?
WHAT’S COMING UP AT WHITTIER?
BOOK FAIR IS HERE!
- The online book fair is here.
- The fair will take place in the auditorium on Tuesday, September 30th, 3-4 pm and then Wednesday and Thursday, October 1-2, 8 am to 6 pm.
- It is exciting to know that if we hit our sales target, then our Spring Book Fair will be “buy one, get one free”!
1st-4th Grade Families: Register for Whittier Rocky Mountain Children’s Montaine Choir!
- This very special choir and music class is coming to Whittier! It started on Monday, September 6th, and will take place from 3:00-4:15 pm every Monday. It is NOW expanded to include 4th grade.
- IMPORTANT: The RMCC does not want tuition to ever come between a student and the opportunity to be in choir. Do not hesitate to talk with Juli about scholarships.
- You can go through the full registration process on the RMCC website HERE and then click on the 2014-2015 registration link. Password to register is Rocky1415.
- For Whittier students, there is a permission slip if you want to “get the ball rolling” and then complete the registration process later. That slip is here. The deadline has been extended.
- If you have questions about the choir, you can contact our Whittier ArtCorps Education Director, Terrence, at email@example.com. Juli Dowell, the Director, is also available for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-788-0013.
FOR PROSPECTIVE WHITTIER FAMILIES
Please come to our OPEN HOUSE! It will be Thursday, November 20th, from 6:00-7:30 pm, starting in our school auditorium.
If you are interested in learning more about Whittier through taking a personal tour, please contact Karen at 303-986-5929 or email@example.com. Tours are set up at your convenience.
For families wishing to enroll at Whittier, if you need to utilize school choice forms (for example, you do not live in the Whittier boundary OR you attended a different DPS school last year), you can access the forms HERE .
Please note, all prospective students will need to come to the school with: PROOF OF AGE (birth certificate, for example), PROOF OF ADDRESS (lease, mortgage statement or Xcel or water bill) and IMMUNIZATION RECORD. For ECE students, they will also need PROOF OF INCOME (pay stub, etc.)
Good news! Due to the increased demand for seats at Whittier, the school is having an additional 3rd grade class for the 2015-2016 school year. So, Whittier will have two Kindergartens, 1st grades, 2nd grades and 3rd grades with the 4th-8th grades remaining at one class per grade level for next year.
2480 Downing Street
Denver, CO 80205
Serving the community with compassion and dedication -
in the firm belief that all children can succeed.